Cedar Class Blog

A Bishop's Waltham Junior School Blog

24/10/2014

Trip to the Watercress Line

Filed under: - ARCHIVE 2014-15 @ 13:47

On the 2nd of October, Year 6 went to the Watercress Line at Alresford. Having been before, I had a slight idea of what it would be like but most of it was a surprise for all of us. Getting on the coach at around 10:30, we left off with an exited hustle and bustle. With it being my first school trip since the Mary Rose Museum in year 4, I was especially exited. Arriving at the station, we met Mrs Love and discussed the impact of the railway in Alresford and other villages. Then we boarded the train to Ropley where we did the bulk of the activities.

the train we went on

the train we went on

After arriving, we headed to the education room where we built Ropley! I was piece 17d! 🙁  After that we did spot the train parts whose name I can’t remember. Was it bill bert barry bolt, that’s it.

at the train yard

at the train yard

Then the time came for lunch. After that  we hopped in the train to Alton where we didn’t do any activities but instead switched places for the journey to Alresford. Arriving back, we hopped in the coach and started on home. Don’t ask me what happened on the way back, I was half asleep. We arrived back and walked to the school, where we went our separate ways. Overall it was a throughly enjoyable trip even though I was incredibly tired at the end of it!

it was a thoroughly enjoyable trip

it was a thoroughly enjoyable trip

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post.