Cedar Class Blog

A Bishop's Waltham Junior School Blog

24/10/2014

My trip to the Watercress Line.

Filed under: - ARCHIVE 2014-15 @ 13:46

On the 2nd of October 2014, Year 6 went to Alresford to have a go on the Watercress Line. It was great fun and I learnt a lot about steam trains and the industrial revolution. First we had a tour of the station and walked over the bridge. We then went onto one of the steam trains!  On the steam train I got to make an announcement over the COM. The journey was great fun and when we finally arrived we were all reluctant to get off! In Ropley station we went to the engine yard and learnt how to identify trains. Count the front wheels, then count the big wheels and then see if there are any wheels under the cab, if there are then count them. After that we learnt how trains had to cut through the land to make tracks and built our own Ropley! We then had a well deserved lunch. After lunch we went back on the train and I fell asleep in 1st class!  When I woke up we were in Alton where we went on the “Harry Potter” bridge which was in the first Movie! We had a quick look round and then went back on the train and headed for home. Once at School we were greeted by the lower years who unsurprisingly mocked our Victorian outfits! Overall it was a fun and interesting trip which I would recommend to any one in that area.

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post.